Need Help w/Clarified Milk Punch

Howdy everyone, I'm on batch 4 of this recipe .Only difference is that I'm using Bacardi gold rum instead of the spirit he mentioned. Out of 4 attempts, only 1 has been clear. The rest have been pretty cloudy.

I've read a bunch of guides online, I've been sure to add the punch to the milk, let it sit for an hour, filter through plenty of layers of cheese cloth as slowly as possible. Run it through a coffee filter once or twice to finish. Didn't heat the milk because a few videos said it didn't matter.

The first batches were only half batches, they filtered through very quickly.

Batch 3 was a full batch. I used fresh lemon juice that time, upped the cheese cloth layers, and allowed the punch mixture to cool for a while before adding it to the milk. It took ages to strain, but it was perfectly clear after only one pass. Barely even needed to run it though the coffee filter.

Batch 4 I followed the same process, but I used weights instead of the cup measure. Complete disaster, extremely cloudy. The curds seemed much larger. Coffee filter didn't help at all.

I'm planning to make one last attempt before giving up and bringing something else for Christmas. My current plan is to copy batch 3 entirely, switching back to using the measuring cup instead of weights.

Before I start, I need to know if I'm missing anything or if there's any advice that I'm lacking. Should I just add a lot less milk to keep the amount of stuff I need to filter down? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Glassesguy904
[link] [comments]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrot Muffins - A Moist & Flavorful Snack!

Nachos Recipe (Loaded & Cheesy!)

Cheers to the End of Dry January with These 20+ Mocktails!